Q1. What is network address?
Response: We can look at community and host addresses in two methods:
1) Community-ID and Host-ID
An IP tackle is created of two parts, the left component is community ID, the proper part is host ID.
For illustration, in 100.3.4.five, if a hundred is a network ID, then three.four.5 is a host ID. If 100.3 is community ID, then four.5 is a host ID.
2) Network-handle and host-address. Let’s seem at two examples:
IP-address Network-ID Host-ID Network-tackle Host-deal with Mask
a hundred.four.5.6/8 one hundred four.five.6 one hundred… 100.four.5.6 /eight
150.one.two.3/sixteen 150.one 2.three one hundred fifty.1.. 150.one.two.three /16
Be aware: Community mask is presented as /m in which m is a two-digit decimal amount amongst 8~31.
Be aware: IP, network, and host addresses are usually offered with masks.
Q2. What is mask?
Solution. what is my public ip address uses community mask to break up a 32-little bit IP-handle into community-ID and host-ID. Community-handle is created of community-ID bits on the still left and bits on the right.
For example, for a hundred and fifty.1.2.3/sixteen, sixteen is the network mask, one hundred fifty.one is community-ID, one hundred fifty.1../16 is network-tackle, 2.three is host-ID, 150.1.2.three/sixteen is host-deal with. Community-address is employed by routers to forward packets. Host tackle is employed to distinguish hosts in the same network.
Q3. Why network addresses?
Solution: When figures are also a lot of, we use hierarchical framework to manage them. For instance, phone number are structured as.
For case in point, 086.021.1234.5678 is a quantity in China, Shanghais. The voice information is switched by region code, metropolis code, and prefix. Structured cellphone figures are a lot less complicated to switch than flat 10-digit mobile phone figures.
Web faces a comparable scenario. There are practically 4.two billion addresses (IP has 32 bits. or 2^32 individual addresses.) Routers use routing tables to foreword packets. Certainly, it’s considerably less difficult for router to manage structured addresses than 4 billion flat ones.
IP’s remedy is to use community-addresses to forward packets, not personal ones. Network mask breaks an deal with into a community-ID and a host-ID. Routing tables use community addresses, not IP addresses.
– a hundred…/8 community has 16,777,216 addresses. In a routing table, (100…/8, up coming hop interface) claims: forward packets with the exact same location community to the same subsequent hop interface.
– one hundred fifty.1../sixteen community has sixty five,536 addresses. In a routing table, (one hundred fifty.one../16, next hop interface) will take care of forwarding 65,536 personal addresses in one hundred fifty.1../sixteen community.
– 150.1../sixteen community has 65,536 IP addresses. In a routing desk, (150.one../16, up coming hop interface) requires care of forwarding 65,536 specific handle in 150.1../sixteen network.
– 222.111.forty four./24 has 256 IP addresses. In a routing desk, (222.111.forty four./24, following hop interface) forwards 256 IP addresses in 222.111.forty four. network to the up coming hop interface.
This autumn. How current mask in decimal?
Answer. Current mask the identical way as IP address. For case in point.
/8 is presented as 255….
/sixteen is presented as 255.255…
/24 is offered as 255.255.255.
Q5. Why mask size is numerous of 8 but?
Response: There are two sort of IP addressing techniques: classful and classless. What we’ve talked so far is classful. Classless IP address can use mask of any duration. See subsequent tutorials for information.
This write-up is the FAQ of an interactive animation. You can perform this animation outlined below External hyperlinks.